Sunday, May 16, 2010

Outstanding Weekend

Starting us off Friday, we went to Ling-Hui's graduation ceremony. The red ribbon and hidden medal indicate that she earned highest honors for students with G.PA.s of 3.75 and higher.
Saturday we went to Afton State Park for some hiking, geocaching and playing in the St. Croix River. The water was still cool, but I'd have swam if I had a suit.
Sunday morning Ling-Hui woke up early and made buttermilk pancakes from scratch +. The cool part of it was that the kids and I made the butter in the foreground by shaking up heavy cream. The buttermilk for the pancakes was the by product of our butter making.
To finish off the weekend I took the Long Haul Trucker out for a workout ride from Fort Snelling out around Lake Calhoun and back for 28 miles. I felt good that my average speed was 14.2 MPH. This felt fast considering the number of times I had to slow down for cars, pedestrians and other cyclists. This bike keeps proving itself to be a great do-everything ride.

No comments: