Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mobile Repair Station


I've been teaching summer school and noticing that many of the student have bikes in unsafe and unsavory condition. I saw one student walking her bike to school. She had two flat tires, no brakes a red chain and formerly attached cables wrapped around her bike to keep them from being tangled in the moving parts that still move and the stationary parts that move too.

I spent some time after school with my mobile repair station servicing their bikes. It was fun for both the kids and me. I remember being a kid whose flat tire would keep me off my bike for weeks.

I would like these kids to ride and enjoy biking.

3 comments:

Jared said...

You are a bike super hero. Now I think you need a brightly colored skin tight synthetic costume to wear. Oh wait then you would just be confused with a road racer who likely doesn't know how to fix his own bike.

Heath said...

No Capes!

queasyfish said...

Rock Star!