Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Day and The 18th Annual Traditional 3D Shoot


A bit of a dull day. Spent time being dad in the morning and cleaned winter grit out of the basement. I was hoping to get a bike ride in, but I'm still sick. I think I need a new drug.

I did do a little ride around the neighborhood in the Sidis and new pedals. The shoes are amazing; they have an out of the box custom fit. Like Jared says, "I want a couch made of Lorica." The pedals work well too, but I'm not sure I like a cleat with float. The old Fuji felt a bit like "the stranger" after riding the Trek exclusively this winter.

For dinner I grilled up some ribs to take advantage of today's weather. 50 is welcome. Pulled out the bow and shot a few arrows with confidence at my small target without a backstop. It's funny how I can shoot well after not releasing an arrow for months. Of course, sucking comes easily too at times.

The day led me to think of the traditional shoot. I looked it up. The 18th Annual Traditional 3D Shoot is on June 20 and 21, 2009. It is an event that I look forward each year.

No comments: