Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sick Stuff at School


After school yesterday, I completed a stealthy security mission so I would have a way to keep my bike from being stolen at work.

[Que spy music] I covertly moved wood chips aside and dug a hole the size of a 5 gallon pail in a flower bed where I park my bike. I replaced the void with a 5 gallon plug of hardened cement and rebar that I made last weekend. It has a big eye-bold placed in the top to run a lock cable through. After arranging the displace wood chips only the eye-bolt remains hidden between shrubs. I will lock my bike to this 60lb chunk of concrete hidden away like Jimmy Hoffa.

Last night I loaded up the LHT for a commute. The weather's great, and I want to try out my new locking set-up.

But a ride was not to be, I woke up this morning feeling punky with a sore throat. Thus I drove. A 10:10am throat culture revealed Streptococcal pharyngitis, strep throat.

Got meds. Should live to ride and lock another day.

No comments: